Unilin Panels Master Oak rewarded for "High Product Quality" at Interzum 2023
With Master Oak, we combine the authentic look and feel of natural oak with the performance of HPL and melamine. In fact, this high-performance HPL surface even offers three times more scratch-resistance, easier maintenance and excellent durability. And that didn’t go unnoticed by the jury of experts at interzum award 2023! Unilin Panels Master Oak won the “High Product Quality” distinction in the Materials and Nature category on the 8th of May.
Master Oak is “Shaping the Change”
The interzum awards are a design competition in Cologne, organized in collaboration with Red Dot. This year’s theme, “Shaping the Change”, is focused on innovations for the benefit of environmental protection and a sustainable economy. And that’s where Unilin Panels Master Oak comes in. Made from 95% recovered wood and with a look and feel that’s inseparable from real oak, Master Oak is the more sustainable and affordable alternative to oak and oak veneer.
Being recognised for the innovation, functionality, quality, design and sustainability of Master Oak by the respected judging panel of interzum awards 2023 is hugely satisfying.
- Ann De Blanck, product manager at Unilin Panels
Looks and feels like oak, performs like HPL
What convinced the judges to give the “High Product Quality” distinction to Master Oak? Well, after a fair assessment with the highest degree of objectivity, the experts recognized that Master Oak has set itself apart from other products in the following categories:
- Innovation: a new product that offers new design possibilities.
- Sustainability: the product is manufactured in a way that saves resources, designed to have a long service life and can be recycled.
- Functionality: a safe, easy to handle and easy to use product.
- Material quality: high quality, eco-friendly and durable materials.
- Design: form and function go hand in hand.
- Digitalisation: new technologies are used.
Better than real oak
It is Master Oak’s ability to combine performance, design and sustainably that makes it the ideal decorative panel. Thanks to the unique Unilin Timber Touch technology, Master Oak is:
Thanks to the unique Unilin Timber Touch technology, Master Oak is:
1. Scratch-resistant: 3 times more scratch-resistant than real oak.
2. Colourfast: a timeless look and colours that will last.
3. Stain-resistant: easy to maintain.
And that’s not all! Did you know that Unilin Panels Master Oak is available in HPL, melamine, Clicwall and matching edging tape? All perfectly combinable into a stunning interior.
With Timber Touch Technology, we’ve pushed the envelope of expectation for authenticity in decorative panels, developing a look, texture and feel that’s inseparable from genuine oak.
- Caroline Van De Populiere, R&D Director at Unilin Panels